The Bearded Blog - Santa Claus, Indiana
What goes great with apple pie? (Okay, any pie.)
What is a blank canvas for other tasty treats?
What continues to be America's favorite flavor of ice cream?
Vanilla Ice Cream, of course!
It's Vanilla Ice Cream Day! Celebrate with your family and friends.
Vanilla Ice Cream + Favorite Toppings = Good Times
Take a look at some of the places your family can experience for free during your summer trip:
1. Nostalgic candy from days gone by, collectible PEZ dispensers, and more fun souvenirs fill the shelves at Santa’s Candy Castle.
2. Admire the gigantic (22-feet tall!) historic Santa Statue, find out how the town came to be, and step inside the Santa Claus Church at the Santa Claus Museum & Village.
Bonus Tip: You can write a free letter to Santa and will receive a reply!
3. For a limited time only, Frosty’s Fun Center is offering free putt-putt golf. Bring your family, grab a club, and participate in a little friendly competition.
4. Tour the Colonel Jones Home and learn about the man who once employed Abe Lincoln.
5. A Santa statue (perfect photo-op!) greets you as you make your way into the Santa Claus Post Office. Mail your letters from the only post office in the world with the Santa Claus name
July is National Ice Cream Month; there's still time to celebrate with a favorite summer treat!
Whether you prefer chocolate, vanilla, or another special flavor, ice cream is a great addition to any day of the week.
Cool off with a cold treat at one of these spots:
- Frosty's Fun Center offers soft serve and scoops of always-changing flavors
- Sprinkles and Cream or Scoops in Rockport
- Brick Oven Pizza in Santa Claus
- Santa's Candy Castle (frozen hot chocolate is close enough to ice cream, right?)
- Jenk's Pizza in Dale
- Hoosier Land Pizza & Wings in Lincoln City
- Find ice cream inside Holiday World & Splashin' Safari and Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, too!
Did we miss any? Feel free to add your favorites below! And find a full listing of places to eat in the area here.
*This blog was updated from"I Scream, You Scream" posted June 7, 2014.