The Bearded Blog - Santa Claus, Indiana
It’s hard to believe there are only a few weeks of summer remaining before school starts. Get your fix of fun, food, and family time by taking in these area activities:
1.The year is halfway over; make sure you get your Christmas wishes to Santa! You can write a free letter at Santa Claus Museum & Village.
2. The thrilling hills and drops of The Voyage at Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari will leave a lasting summer memory.
3. The Living Historical Farm at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial is full of furry animals. View sheep, horses, cows, and more during your trip.
4. You’ll have fun competing with your family during a round of mini-golf at Frosty’s Fun Center. Afterward, share a specialty pizza and indulge in some tasty ice cream.
5. Travel back in time at Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum where you’ll find 14 replica cabins and a museum full of hundreds of artifacts.
6. How many Santa statues can you spot around town? Take fun photos at each statue you come across.
7. Swim, boat, or simply lounge on the beach at Lincoln State Park.
8. Visit the jolly guy himself at the Santa Claus Christmas Store. Santa loves visiting with families from all over!
9. Make snow at Santa’s Candy Castle or try some delicious frozen hot chocolate.
10. Enjoy a great cup of coffee or fruit smoothie and check out items made by local artisans at Kringle Haus Werkstatt.
11. What’s a trip without a stop for souvenirs? Stop by the Holly Tree Christmas Shop for festive finds that will make perfect gifts for family or treat yourself.
12. Socks, Shorty, and Donut are just a few of the friendly horses awaiting your visit to Santa’s Stables. Ride horseback through the sprawling countryside and take in the scenic views.
13. Learn about Lincoln’s family as you tour the museum, see a film, and walk the trails at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial.
14. Choose from thousands of Christmas and gift items at the Santa Claus Christmas Store.
15. The breathtaking views of Saint Meinrad Archabbey are a must-see for your summer vacation. Enjoy the intricate architecture of the historic buildings and outdoor sculptures.
16. Tee off on Christmas Lake Golf Course, one of Indiana’s ten most challenging courses.
17. Grab some popcorn and kick back under the stars while you catch a movie at Holiday Drive-In. The price is only $8 for adults and $4 for kids and includes two movies.
18. Cool off with the world’s longest water coaster, Mammoth, at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari.
19. Mail a postcard from the Santa Claus Post Office; it’s the only post office in the world with the Santa Claus name.
20.View our events page for a complete listing of fun happenings around the area while you’re in town.
What have your pants been doing this summer? Hanging neatly in the closet, folded on a shelf, keeping the treadmill from floating away?
Today is Take Your Pants for a Walk Day! Pick your favorite pair and go out and give them some exercise.
There are plenty of places to walk in Spencer County. Lincoln State Park has several trails, one where you can even treat your pants to a walk by the lake. Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial offers a nice walk to their Living Historical Farm. Check out the kind of pants they wore in Lincoln's day. Yellig Park has a nice trail and when you're done walking, there's a playground to enjoy.
If you're not the trail type, take your pants shopping! Visit the Santa Claus Christmas Store, The Holly Tree Christmas Shop, Evergreen Boutique, and Kringle Haus Werkstatt all within walking distance of each other.
Don't let your pants spend all summer inside, shake the dust off and go outside!
It's All or Nothing Day! And as a huge fan of the frozen hot chocolate available at Santa's Candy Castle, Amanda jumped at the chance to attempt the Avalanche Challenge.
The rules are easy: Simply drink 64 ounces of the decadent cocoa beverage.
She averages about three visits a week for a regular eight-ounce cup, so she thought she could easily conquer this.
Watch the quick clip below to see if Amanda successfully completed the Avalanche Challenge.